Saturday, May 19, 2012

All-Purpose Foods






The frittata that I made the other day turned out to be very tasty, although next time I will add a bit of a slightly sharper cheese.  I enjoyed it for a few days and realized that it is one of those all-purpose foods that can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I'm not exactly sure what makes a food fit for all meals, although eggs certainly help. My all-time favorite all-purpose food is Julia Child's Rapee Morvandelle. Her dish is similar to a frittata, but it also contains shredded potatoes and ham.

Does texture make a food fit for all meals? It probably contributes something, since I find that almost any creamed food works at all times of day. But then, I'm also happy eating pizza or Chinese food for breakfast, so clearly this question requires a bit more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment